Baby wearing has several benefits:
- Less Crying – Babies who are carried cry less on average than those that are not. Research has shown that babies who are carried cry (on average) 43% less overall and 54% less during the evening hours.(1)
- Smarter – Babies live in a “quiet, alert state” when carried – the ideal state for learning. Their senses are stimulated and they see the world from where you do, all while feeling safe and secure with the ability to retreat into the wrap. This stimulation is preferred compared to the ceiling above the baby’s crib or people’s knees from the baby’s stroller. And the extra stimulation benefits brain development.(2)
- Emotional Development – Babies quickly develop a sense of security and trust when they are carried. They are more likely to be securely attached to their caregiver(s) and often become independent at an earlier age.(3)
- Postpartum Depression – Postpartum depression is much less common with babywearing mothers than among other mothers. Reasons may include hormonal stimulation, baby’s reduced crying and the reduced “burden” of interaction, and your baby is “right there” to enjoy whenever you feel like snuggling, kissing or talking.(4)
(3) Anisfeld, E., Casper, V., Nozyce, M. and Cunningham, N. (1990). Does infant carrying promote attachment? An experimental study of the effects of increased physical contact on the development of attachment. Child Development, 61, 1617-1627; Whiting, J. W. M. (1981). Environmental constraints on infant care practices. In R. H. Munroe, R. L. Munroe & B. B. Whiting (Eds.), Handbook of cross-cultural human development, New York: Garland STPM Press.
(4) Sears, William, M.D. et al., The Baby Book (Little, Brown Company 2003); Pelaez-Nogueras M, Field TM, Hossain Z, Pickens J. (1996). Depressed mothers’ touching increases infants’ positive affect and attention in still-face interactions. Child Development, 67, 1780-92.
The wrap I was able to review is called Autumn, it has a very colorful yet simple design. Wide stripes of bold woven colors.
It measures, 185 by 28″ inches for babies 8 – 35 lbs and adult size 2 – 12.
Machine Washable, I felt like after washing my wrap got even softer, if possible.
Overall a very comfortable & easy way to carry your baby.
Easy on your and the baby.
Give you & your baby a peace of mind, keeps you both close to each other.
No matter if you are a soon to be new Mom, already a new Mom or know a Mom to be this is something you need...
Look around Hip Baby Wrap's site they have other wraps and slings for carrying your baby.
- Includes front, hip and back carries that allow caregiver to move about the day with ease while baby is contently strapped to them.
- Uniquely designed lightweight fabric makes the Hip Baby Wrap cooler for baby and easy to manipulate.
- Superior ergonomic design helps distribute baby’s weight evenly and comfortably across caregiver’s body, relieving the shoulders and neck from unnecessary strain.
- Great for nursing on-the-go and as a nursing cover.
- Enhances parent-child bonding and child development.
- Hip Baby Wraps are all fair trade and individually handwoven with eco-friendly non- toxic dyes in India and each wrap is beautiful and unique.
- Woven Ring Sling: Easily adjustable, this creatively colored wrap can be used for front tummy to tummy and hip carries for infants through toddlers. Made from hand-loomed, beautiful cotton with top quality aluminum SlingRings, it’s easy to manipulate and relieve those tired shoulders and neck from unnecessary strain.
- Silk Ring Sling: With gorgeous, glistening colors and simple designs, these raw silk slings are an elegant, traditional way to carry your child. Made from radiant, raw dupioni silk and uniquely hand-woven, the stylish slings are designed to mold perfectly to the body. Support your little one anywhere with maximum comfort!